Friday, November 9, 2012

Siemens Update 2

Three weeks after my last letter to Siemens' head quarters in Germany, with no response, I wrote this email to the Chairman/Chief Executive Officer and the Chief Sales and Marketing Officer on 5 November 2012: 




Dear Mr Gutberlet and Mr Ginthum

I will get straight to the point. As you may or may not be aware, BSH South Africa is providing bad service here and doing the brand significant damage. I have had dealings with them for nearly 3 years now, with ongoing problems.

The latest news is disrespectful lawyers letters to me after my ingenious attempts to help, and retailers no longer stocking the products owing to the after-sales service.

I have launched the 'Suing for Service' media campaign here in South Africa to ensure that companies live up to their brand promises. Siemens is one of the cases I am addressing as part of the campaign. You can read about it all here: www.suingforservice.blogspot.com.

I sent an email to Mr Fridolin Weindl on 16 October 2012, informing him of all this. I have not received any response. I am making you personally aware of it and giving you the opportunity to, with the right approach, turn in your favour.

I will not, however, be deterred by your silence, or by lawyers letters. These will only inspire me to take this further, until there is a desirable outcome for all parties, namely the brand, its customers (that's me!) and the broader global consumer community.

All best wishes
Robin



I received read-receipt notifications from both men on the day I sent the email, but I have heard nothing from either of them. On the morning of 6 November 2012, however, the day after that, I received a courtesy call from Lerato from Gaggenau service department following up on the call I logged months back for the faulty fridge (#5).

She explained that she was doing research into my satisfaction with the service received. She said that on her system, there was no record of the outcome of the call out, or any of the events since.

I explained briefly that:
  • the repairs had cost me another day of my time
  • the fridge had not been fixed
  • the repairmen had dirtied my kitchen and dining room with soot from the repair work
  • the fridge had been returned
  • I was busy suing the company for this and the rest of the service
  • all aspects of the service, from the call centre to the technical assistance were very poor.
I explained also that her contacting me with no awareness of the outcomes was further evidence of the incompetence of the company.

She undertook to take notes on all I said, report it to her supervisor, and get back to me. I have heard nothing since.

No comments:

Post a Comment